Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Reasons for the season.

Can you believe it? Thanksgiving is only 2 days away. Right around the corner we have Christmas. Wow, time sure flies!

Every year a new friend will ask me casually what my favorite season of the year is. I love this question, mostly I love watching their face of surprise as I say winter, they know I am originally from Mexico and so I think they expect me to be more fond of summer. I grew up without snow, so to me seeing the ground covered in a blanket of snow is a miracle from God all of its own.

In all honesty that is not the only reason I truly love winter. I love winter because you can feel in the air the sense that something wonderful is going to happen. I always wondered if our Blessed Mother Mary felt like this during the Annunciation? (Luke 1:26-28)

We began our new season of Advent last Sunday. As we lit that first candle I can sense the peace and joy that come over me during this time of the year.

We are going to have one day specially dedicated to giving thanks to God for all His goodness, though I hope you feel inclined to do so more then once per year. Next we celebrate the most perfect and precious gift from God. Something far better then snow. The birth of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ!

I hope that as you ponder on the TRUE reason for the season, you find many things to be grateful for. I pray that you become a blessing for someone and as you celebrate God's love for all humanity, you find it in your heart and in your homes as well.

May God direct our steps everyday until we see His glorious face someday in heaven. Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment